Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Zen of Cleaning

I wish mine was pink...isn't she pretty.

I am not one to meditate...but I do find when I clean, especially vacuum, I hit a sort of zen state of being.  Ever since I purchased my Dyson vacuum four years ago I find myself drawn to it on a daily basis.  I jokingly call it my crack pipe of choice.

First, I love seeing all the dirt and dog hair I pick-up in the tank...it's just so satisfying.

Second,  there is something about the process of vacuuming that puts me in a trance of sorts,  and delivers some of my best ideas.  Like, when I have writers block or don't know how to solve a problem with my kids, I find if I just vacuum for a while the answers come to me effortlessly.

Third, after I am finished not only are my floors clean, but my mind is too.

If you don't have your own process for clearing your mind, I recommend you try it and let me know what you think...or not (since your mind is empty and you can't remember to respond).

Oh, and if you ever get the chance to purchase a Dyson...I highly recommend it!

Happy Cleaning,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment