Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Flower Power

Alstroemeria are great because they last a long time.

"Each flower is a soul blossoming out to nature. "
                                                                                         Gerard De Nerval

For about the price of a grande frappuccino at Starbuck's you can have beautiful fresh cut flowers every week...if you buy wisely.

I mean honestly, who doesn't love fresh flowers, and why should we have to wait for someone to buy them for us?  We shouldn't!  We deserve to have beauty all around us, especially during these dark and gloomy fall days.

Here are some buying tips:

1.   Buy one type and make a big impact with whatever flowers you like best, or are on 'sale'...that is what I did above and below.  Buyer Beware:  the flowers on 'sale' at the grocery store are usually old and rarely last a week. (the gladiola's below died after 5 days, but for 3 bucks I'm not complaining)

2.   Orchids are always a great option and you can get them for a steal at Trader Joe's or Costco.  I just transfer them into a pretty vase when I get home.  I have had orchids last for months, as long as I remembered to water them once a week.

3.   For the cost of two grande frappuccinos, or $10, I can support my local florist, Magickal Florist, who has seasonal bouquets that are fresh and beautiful.  They often last up to ten days...now that is a deal! (dollar cost average that... plus, you can feel the love in every bouquet)

Now that is $3 worth of gladiolas!!!
Love yourself enough to buy some fresh flowers today...I promise it will make you smile.

*For special occasions I love sending flowers.  I mean who doesn't love to receive flowers?  Check out, Magickal Florist's website; they can even take care of long distance orders. 

If you like what you've read so far click:  JOIN THIS SITE and/or follow me by email (see above to enter email address) which will ensure you get a reminder when I have a new post.  If you'd like to comment or have something inspiring to share please email me at:  c@cjblake.net

No comments:

Post a Comment