Friday, September 30, 2011

Team Chardonnay


About seven years ago my family started having Sunday night dinners at my parent's house. When the weather was nice we would play some pretty intense games of croquet.  Because there were so many of us we had to break-up into teams.

Initially, my sister-in-law and I paired up as the yellow team.  Most of the family wrote us off as the fluffy, non-competitive players... which was true because all we wanted to do was laugh, sip wine and catch up about the past week's events.  But, to everyone's surprise, including ours, we were the team to beat.  We found the more we drank the better we performed... so we were crowned Team Chardonnay.  A title we held for nearly 6 years.

To everyone's sadness this summer my brother and sister-in-law defected to sunny San Diego (with my croquet set I might add...I still want it back) and Sunday's have just not been the same since. (I should have seen it coming when she switched to the lighter, crispier Sauvignon Blanc about a year ago.) 

In honor of Team Chardonnay I wanted to share my favorite brands under $10... because God knows this wine is expensive if you drink it daily... like I do.

Pretty bottle, too!

1.  Bogle (It received 89 pts from Wine Spectator & it's 8 bucks!)
2.  Bonterra (Love the screw top and it's ORGANIC)
3.  Toasted Head (A little heavier nice for Fall/Winter...thanks Deb)
4.  Mirassou (Simple, clean and cheap)
5.  Kirkland (Yes...Costco makes wine too...thanks Annette for this tip)

Let me know if I missed any 'good' ones!

Steph this blogs for you.... I miss you sister.

I want to thank all 18 people wonderful friends (new and old) and my family for following my blog...it really was 'good news' for my heart.  I feel the love. Thank you, C


*Have a great weekend.  I will be back bright and early Monday morning.  I hope to see you then!

If you like what you've read so far click:  a JOIN THIS SITE and/or follow CJ Blake by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment