Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Miss Oprah...How About You?

Doesn't she look beautiful!

It's Fall again and this is usually the time Oprah comes out of reruns with a big splashy season opener.  I had always dreamed of being on her show, or at least being an audience member.  Now that she is done I am bummed I didn't even try.

That's how life is sometimes...we think we have all the time in the world, but like most things everything has a shelf life.  While I did support her decision to move on, I do feel a little sad that someone won't be getting a new car or trip to Australia this fall.

I don't believe there is any living person, aside from my loved ones, who has inspired me more.  I have bowed to the altar of Oprah for 15 years (except during the James Frey debacle...not 'good news' so I will pass on sharing) as she has been a beacon for me and millions of others.  I know I am a better person for having watched her show.
 

Here is the 'good news.'  If you miss her, like I do, here are several options:

First, she has a show on OWN called Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes (I think I like this show better than the original).

Second, she is teaching a class called Oprah's Lifeclass starting October 10, 2011. (click on the link and hear a message from Oprah about it).

Third, if you've ever had a dream of being a reality TV star she is having Casting Calls for many new shows on OWN... you never know...you might be the next Snooki.

Finally, of course, there is O Magazine.  I particularly like "What I Know For Sure," which you can always find on the last page of the magazine.  Talk about 2 minutes of inspiration!
Oprah thank you  for 25 years of great TV and here's to 25 more with OWN.

If you like what you've read so far click:   JOIN THIS SITE (Safari is the best way to connect) and follow CJ Blake by email.  Thanks for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment