Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Virgin Blog: Do You Have What It Takes?

Well, I'm about to find out.

My goal with this blog is to simply provide a daily dose of 'good news.'

To say I am nervous about daring to reveal myself in the blogosphere is an extreme understatement, and yet I feel compelled to do it anyway.  When I am faced with gripping anxiety I ask myself one question:  Are you going to choose FEAR or FAITH?

Three years ago, I opened a blog account geared toward home schooling families, and I am embarrassed to say at that time I chose fear.  I didn't post one article.  Today I have found the courage to choose faith. 

I am dedicating my inaugural blog to the movie Julie & Julia, because when I watched it this past weekend, with my mom, it inspired me to try again.  I just love that!

The film follows the lives of Julie Powell, a contemporary young woman, who finds herself in a dispassionate rut and chef Julia Child's.  To break her monotony, Julie has resolved to cook every recipe in Julia Child's, Mastering the Art of French Cooking in 365 days and blog about it.  The film weaves the story of Julie's uneventful life in New York with Julia Child, who was reluctantly accepted into the chauvinistic Le Cordon Bleu and fought for years to publish her cookbook.  Both of these women overcome the challenges of their respective goals.  It is the perseverance and dedication exhibited by these women that has inspired me to begin my blog and share my first bit of 'good news' with you.

I have seen this movie at least 8 times for just this reason because every time the credits roll I feel motivated to attempt something new...even if I might fail spectacularly.

...like this blog.  I have no idea what will happen when I hit the "post" button, but the voice inside is pressing me onward.  As always I am on a personal mission to follow my true path...even when it feels hard.  But, like today the hardest part is simply tapping the keys and following my heart.

I invite you to join me on my journey to share the beauty I see in the world.  Make a 2 minute investment in my blog and let me know how it makes you feel.  Please also share your 'good news' with me, so I can pass it on to everyone.  Maybe that way we can all find our way to a more happy and purpose driven life...lifting and supporting each other to new heights.  I hope we laugh a lot, too.

Many Blessings,
C

Coming soon:
   *What Do Gwyneth, Jenn Aniston and Julia Roberts Have in Common?
   *Team Chardonnay
   *Hot Flashes...Back Fat...Jiggly Arms...OH MY!!!


If you like what you've read so far click JOIN THIS SITE  and share CJBlake Blog with your friends.  (This will ensure my mom is not my only follower)

No comments:

Post a Comment