Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hot Flashes...Back Fat...Jiggly Arms...OH MY!


What can I say?  These are all signs that you are F***ED...because you my friend are probably in perimenopause.  Thank God my friend Amber was able to guide me through the trials and tribulations of this odious condition.  I mean, truly, if I did not have her I would be curled up in a gutter somewhere wondering what the hell had happened to me. 

Oh, and did I  mention weight gain and black chin hairs.  Yippee!   I have gained 20lbs this year (well, probably 30lbs if I am being totally honest and I can't even discuss the chin hairs).

So, that is what this blog is about...to let you know that if you are having any of the above symptoms, there is 'good news', you are not alone and it is treatable.

It was on one particularly pitiful day that I called Amber...my hormones raging....I had been weeping for three days straight... ready to murder anyone who looked at me wrong.  She advised me to call my physician and while I waited, the two long weeks for my appointment, to go pick up some natural progesterone at a health food store. (Before anyone was seriously hurt)

With no time to waste I headed out immediately.  Confused, weeping and overwhelmed this nice saleslady found me standing in front of the vitamin section searching for this magical cream.  She just listened patiently as I explained my situation...in the middle of my story her eyes grew wide and she disappeared without a word to the back of the store.  I was convinced I had scared her away...feeling vulnerable and embarrassed, I almost left, but then she came running back waiving a CD in her hand.  She was excited and she told me that she and the rest of the staff had just listened to the recording of this amazing doctor, who was explaining all the benefits of natural progesterone

Within a few days of taking the cream, Life-flo Progesta-Care, I felt so much calmer...and no more tears.  After a month on the cream I started to drop weight and my hair and skin started to look better too...very 'good news' indeed. (Yes, the cream helped jump start my metabolism, but I am also exercising and eating very healthy, too...more on that coming soon)

Once I was normal again, I popped the CD in my car stereo and listened to Dr. John Lee give a detailed explanation about why natural progesterone is so good for women entering the early stages of menopause.  Fascinating stuff...it is great for bone density, too.  Check out his website and see for yourself...and of course consult your physician before starting any new program.

INTERESTING FACT:  They used to call this condition female hysteria and admitted you to the funny farm until it passed.  YIKES!

I want to give a 'good news' shout out to Amber Flynn for listening to me for hours on end whine and cry on the phone.  (Amber is an amazing friend and Spiritual Counselor,  just click on her name and check out her website)

If you like what you've read so far click:  JOIN THIS SITE  above and/or follow CJ Blake by email.  Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment