Tuesday, December 20, 2011

10 Things I Love About JJ Jackson's


There are not many stores I can think of (except 2 this one and My Favorite Things) where I have something from every department in the store because I love their selection of merchandise so much.  This month has been all about the things and stores I love and I wanted to end with JJ Jackson's for all those reasons.

So...I am going to get right to it and go department by department and tell you about the items I have bought and enjoyed over and over again...and I believe are great gift ideas:

1.  Hobo Lauren Wallet...hands down the best wallet I have ever owned (from Louis Vuitton, Paul Smith to Gucci I have literally tried them all and they don't hold a candle to this baby!) They have an amazing selection and all the colors...from hot pink, black to the perfect mocha brown...they are all beautiful and very soft, but totally durable.
Lauren Wallet I asked for this Christmas...hint, hint!
2.  Coleur Tablecloths:  These beautiful French designed, Indian wood blocked linens are a great gift because this is something people won't always buy for themselves, but will love year after year. (this has been a winner time and time again)

3.  Totally Bamboo Salad Hands:  Another great hostess gift that is sure to please.  I love these salad tongs because they work!  Totally affordable and durable.

4.  OXO Salad Spinner:  I know this sounds weird...but this puppy rocks and makes cleaning your lettuce fun!
Papaya Art
5.  Papaya Art:  Beautiful cards, artwork, journals and bags.  I love this product line for it's inspirational quotes and spectacular artwork.  Truly inspired products!

6.  Books:  From unique and colorful cookbooks to silly and obscure non-fiction books...their selection is just fun to browse.  Wonderful for stocking stuffers or that hard to buy for family member.

Shannon Martin Card
7.  Cards:   Teresa (the owner) and I stood in front of the card wall...laughing out loud for 20 minutes the other day.  I was in a terrible mood and I left almost euphoric from the joy I received from there amazing selection of cards.  (if you need a pick me up go in and walk the wall and laugh...then buy a few to send to some friends to brighten their day...I mean who doesn't love to receive a funny card!)

8.  Thymes Frasier Fur Candle:   I have a fake tree and this candle smells like the real deal.  I am not a big fan of scented candles so when I found this one...I was overjoyed.  They also have a room spray.  This brand has great products including a luscious lavender bubble bath (another great stocking stuffer)

9.  Game Table:  I think this might be my favorite thing in the store because it has kept my children peaceful while I can shop, visit with the wonderful people who work there and browse easily through each area taking in the beautiful displays.  My favorite item on the table are the fake mustaches...I have brought these to birthday parties and everyone has worn one all night...it is a blast. 

10.  Service and Selection:  I love this store for more reasons then I can put in this blog...I haven't even scratched the surface of my purchases...but alas I can't end this without a big shout out to Teresa and Kristi for the focused and superb selection of merchandise...and the visually beautiful and clear statement you make in your display tables and windows.  Bravo! (and I am not easy to please)  And last to the wonderful service and well informed staff that make me always feel welcome and taken care of...JJ Jackson's has it all!

So,  this holiday in the spirit of being one of the 99% lets support our local and small businesses so they will be here next year. 

Honorable Mention:  Their travel section rocks,  great candles, glassware, throw blankets, aprons and scarves...I could go on and on, but just check it out for yourself...last thing their prices are well considered and not over the top!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post!!!! I love JJ Jackson's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,too, am a big fan of the store. Thanks for taking the time to write a blog about the good all around us. It is vital that we acknowledge it. Cheers and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ Jacksons is one of my favorite stores!!! Funny your favorite things are my favorite things :)

    ReplyDelete