Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy 2012

Curly Girl Design available at JJ Jackson's

Take 15 minutes this week to create some goals that will push you to do, and be more this year.  I have learned that once I put pen to paper it is shocking how quickly my dreams can manifest into reality (I often say be careful what you ask for you just might get it)!   Try it...what do you have to lose, or better yet what do you have to gain?

I am personally working on 12 Audacious Goals focused on bringing more joy, excitement, and love into my marriage.  This idea has been brewing for the past several months as I have been obsessed with reading YA Fiction (that's young adult...can you say mid-life crisis) with plots full of first love experiences.  This has made me want to find some of the earlier magic I had with my husband when we first met.

I've been thinking about the concept of first loves...or more importantly the idea of the 'soul mate' (don't gag I just can't think of a better term) and have been wondering how to recapture some of those feelings again...spice things up a bit (no, not swinging...just...mostly...clean fun).

How do I do that?  Well...I'm not entirely sure, but I think it begins with intention, a little creativity, and an adventurous spirit!

The other night I was discussing this idea with my good friends Elsie, Ginger, and Chuck...who were helping me flush out this idea (they too have been in 20+ year relationships, so they understood and shared my interest in finding some special connection with their spouses)!  And I decided that every month I am going to take 24 hours away from my kids, home, and chaotic schedule to focus 100% on having a fun night out with my best friend, who also happens to be my husband!

My goal is do things we would have done when we were in our twenties (before kids) like concerts and dancing (maybe even checking out Burning Man ...this one is definitely a push)!  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 


"Your time is limited don't waste it living someone else's life."

 Thanks Kathy J.  for this great quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment